Back to search results

Ask an Expert

How do I treat my child's infected cradle cap?

Answered on 11th January 2016
Yes No
Was this answer helpful?
  people found this answer helpful

If you baby’s scalp is red and swollen and you suspect they have infected cradle cap, it is important to take them to your family doctor. If infected, your doctor will be able to prescribe an antifungal cream or shampoo that will usually be able to clear any rash present. They may also prescribe antibiotics.


Related Information